Because Kind Care Animal Hospital is considered a “close encounter workplace,” we have placed temporary protocols for our office and will continue to adhere to the CDC and DHEC guidelines as closely as possible as their recommendations are intended to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace.
For the next several weeks, please adhere to the following:
- If you have a scheduled appointment, please call 843-399-5803 to let us know that you have arrived and provide us with the parking space you are in.
- If you are scheduled for an in-person appointment, your doctors’ veterinary technician will then come get you (1 person per appointment is permitted) and your pet from your vehicle once your exam room is properly sterilized and ready for use. Just like curbside service, you will always be required to wear your mask properly over your nose and mouth. Once inside our facility, please follow all guidelines to maintain social distancing. We have designated larger exam rooms to allow space to work with your pet. We are requiring clients to remain seated in the exam room and not closely interact with our staff while we are working with pets. If your appointment runs over, we have designated areas in the lobby for you to remain seated in those areas with a facial covering. We will go through the checkout process at the front desk with sneeze guards in place.
- If you are a curbside appointment, your doctors’ veterinary technician will come get your pet from your vehicle and we will treat your pet inside the hospital while you wait in your vehicle. **Please have dogs properly leashed and cats in latched carriers so that we may safely transport them in and out of our hospital.** Once your pet’s exam/services are complete, the doctor will call you to discuss their findings and your pet will be returned to you by the technician. A client service representative will then call you for payment once the doctor advises them that you are now ready to settle up. We ask that you please wait for our call and not dial back in as our call volume has increased due to curbside service.
- Work-ins will remain on curbside service only.
- We are making exceptions to euthanasia appointments by allowing families to enter a large exam room to continue practicing a safe distance, but must wear a mask or face covering while in the hospital. Our team will guide families through the process of how to enter the building, what to do once inside, and how to exit.
- If you are picking up food, medications, etc. please call upon your arrival to the office and we will gladly take your payment over the phone and bring your items along with an invoice to your car.
- We respectfully ask that if you or any family member is or has recently experienced any upper respiratory symptoms or have traveled anywhere to please inform our staff.
- Our staff will abide by a “safe-distance” protocol when it comes to working with you and your pets and we kindly ask that you allow us to operate under these conditions in order for us to be here for your pets as much as possible. We will be wearing masks as we approach your vehicles and as always, washing our hands in between patient and client interactions.
- We are currently operating at full staff and normal business hours, however, appointments are still limited so that we allow our doctors to spend the time they need with your pet in our hospital.
- Wait times during this time may increase as there are more steps involved with curbside service and we ask for your patience as we work through these rather odd times. We have made certain adjustments in order to serve our clients more efficiently through curbside service and will continually make necessary adjustments to meet your needs.
- Due to limited appointment slots, we are accepting new clients on a very limited basis to remain available to the growing community, but also to our long-term loyal clients.
We want to thank all of our clients for the continued support while we all work through the developments and new operations of the coronavirus. We plan on remaining open to assist with providing full service unless otherwise advised. We will post any updates here and on our Facebook page. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We will all get through this together.